Add-ons That Help Me Manage the 30,000 E-mails In My Inbox

I use Thunderbird by Mozilla and have for years now. It is the only email program I recommend to my clients. Thunderbird isn’t without faults though with having some simple features missing the developers tend to leave a lot of functionality up to 3rd party plugin designers. Here is some of the most used plugins for Thunderbird that I couldn’t live without.

Contact Tabs

Contact Tabs enhances Thunderbird to give you quick access to all your contacts directly from Thunderbird’s main window: It opens a new tab with the contact details.

Extra Folder Columns

This extension is for those TB3 users who want the multiple-columns view that TB2 allowed.

Folderpane Tools

This extension allows for customization of the folder pane. Accounts can be rearranged and the startup folder can be chosen. A must have when you’ve got more than 1 account, I have 30+!

Mail Summaries

Adds a summary of mail accounts and folders to replace the account central pane and the empty folder preview.

Thunderbird Conversations

This addon provides a conversation view for Thunderbird, including contacts tooltips, attachment thumbnails, quick (inline) reply, integration with other addons, and much more. This is one of my favorites as I can see what I replied in previous emails without having to dig through my sent folder.

About Tommy White 166 Articles
Tommy White is a Graphic Designer, Web Designer / Developer, IT Director and more, including Foodie Fanatic. "I enjoy helping others in times of need and live steadfast to the motto of paying it forward".

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.