This is an example of how to fix a transaction that is stuck or pending due to low gas fee. I made the mistake of lowering a gas fee, apparently too low, and the transaction was stuck for over a week with no fix in sight. Keep in mind that my transaction had NO HASH.
Fast forward to today and I managed to revert my transaction. Oddly enough I received an email from Coinbase with the exact same fix less than an hour later.
- First thing is log into your Coinbase Wallet and BACKUP YOUR RECOVERY PHASE!!!
- Next make sure that you BACKED UP YOUR RECOVERY PHRASE!!!
- Seriously make sure…
- Next sign out of the Coinbase Wallet
- Sign back in with your RECOVERY CODE
- IF all goes as planned your transaction is null and the coins are back in your wallet.
This fixed mine!
Coinbase Supported noted one other thing which was:
In some cases, a transaction is broadcast to the network with low gas fee resulting in stuck transactions on-chain.
If a transaction is pending on-chain for an extended period of time (has hash), you will need to either wait for network fees to drop or replace the transaction. To replace the transaction:
– Open stuck transaction details in Etherscan and note down the nonce
– Go back to Coinbase Wallet and send at least $0.01 worth of ETH to any valid address
– Select normal or fast as the miner fee options and then replace the nonce in the custom section with the stuck transaction’s nonce.